Monday, July 19, 2010

Another day...

Yes, I finally got some sleep.

No, I did not get to stay out of the heat. Calleigh decided- again- that we needed to drive somewhere. I convinced her that setting up her pool and playing in it would suffice. I thought I was being smart.

My air pump didn't have an adapter for that kind of valve. Neither did the tire pump. My asthma barely lets me blow up a balloon. That pool was not getting air from me. So...off to the Wal-Mart mecca we went.

Of course they didn't have any adapters by themselves. So I had to buy a whole new pump. And of course the cheapest one only had a plug for car lighters. Oy. I opted for the rechargeable one, as it was only $4 more than the electric. In the process of getting the pump and looking for various other things, we made a couple of laps around the supercenter (that's not really so super IMO). The only thing the little cutie asked for was carrots. And yes, she got them. She was eating them on the way out to the car. :-)

On the way home I began to realize that I would have to wait for the rechargeable pump to charge first. This kid wasn't going to like that. But my genius strikes again: take the adapter from the new pump and use it on the old pump. :-) Worked just great.

Calleigh, of course, wanted in the pool immediately. It was so hard for her to wait for the thing to air up. Then came the waiting for the water to fill up. When we went out to check it about halfway through, I conviced her that the water was too cold right now and that it would warm up nicely while she took a nap. :-) Then came another battle. But what she doesn't realize is that the more she fights with me the more I realize that she really does need the nap. She's not very convincing in her arguments otherwise. So, she is napping. :-) I will get her up soon if she doesn't wake up herself so she can go enjoy her pool. I hope it's warm enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment