Sunday, July 18, 2010

Wherefore art thou, sleep?

So tired. Friday night Calleigh decided to get up sporadically throughout the night and come wake me up to go to her bed with her. Then she would go right back to sleep. Though it was usually a light sleep for awhile- long enough to keep me from sneaking back to my bed for a good chuck of time. I ended up taking a nap on the couch while she watched her shows Saturday morning to try to catch up a bit. It turned out to be a really good thing I did. Our power went out around midnight last night. The kicker is that I was about 10 pages from the end of my book. (I finished it by flashlight.) The power didn't come back on until 5 this morning. In the meantime, I didn't sleep much. I was hot without my fan and AC. And I also heard all the disturbing noises without the fan and AC running. Not that you need much quiet to hear the noisy neighbors. I have a feeling I will be calling them in soon. Anyway...Calleigh got up around 4:30. She made a lot of noise stumbling around in the dark. I met her in the hallway with the flashlight. After a trip to the bathroom, she decided she wanted to be in my bed. And she was wide awake. Oy. When the power came back on around 5, I fought to get her still and sleeping, and then I finally got some sleep. But only until about 8:30. I could not get back to sleep. Calleigh, however, slept until after 11. Sigh. I get really cranky and irritable without sleep. As soon as Blue's Clues goes off, I'm going to wage the nightly battle to get her to sleep. Then I hope to get some myself. I really don't want to see what a third night would do to me and my temperament.

Also adding to my exhaustion is that my dear little darling just had to go to the park today to feed the ducks and geese. It was SO hot. Turns out it was so hot that she didn't play much after we fed the fowl. But she wasn't ready to go home. We drove over to the flea market to explore. It was another first for her. She loved it. And it didn't cost me a fortune. But I thought it would be cooler in there than it was. Plus I had to carry her for most of the time we were in there.

Since it looks like the great rains of July 2010 have come to an end, I'm going to get her swimming pool set up tomorrow. And since we'll have that to cool off in, we may do some seed planting as well.

She was supposed to have an appointment with her ENT tomorrow. Friday I had two voicemail messages: one to confirm her appointment and one to say we have to reschedule her appointment because the doctor will be out of the office. Geesh. Once I call and reschedule that and call and set up an appointment for me with my dentist, I think I'll have all of our doctor appointments scheduled. For a few weeks anyway.

I think Blue is about to wrap things up, so I'm going to do the same. Oh, I hope I get to sleep tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment